I must confess that I have a soft-corner for all things ‘berries’, so when I saw these Blueberries, I had to buy them even though they cost me a bomb. I made a blueberry sauce with some of the berries and then thought that making mini-pancakes would be a good idea. I topped the pancakes with a little cream cheese mixture.
My son loved them and said that he could eat them for dessert AND breakfast! Mmmmm …
Below are the three recipes, but don’t be daunted. They are all very easy, trust me.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
Cook all above in a non-stick saucepan stirring every now and then. Cook till the blueberries are mushy and soft and form a shiny sauce.
Cream Cheese Mixture
- 200g Cream Cheese
- 40g unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- dash of milk
Whisk all together
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 tablespoons corn flour
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
1. In a bowl, sift the flour, sugar and baking powder;
2. Pour the milk in a bowl; gradually add the flour, sugar and baking powder mixture and mix with a wire whisk..
3. the consistency should be a little thicker than a crêpe batter. If the batter is too thick, add a little milk. Do not let it rest.
4. Heat a small non-stick frying pan. Smear with oil or butter. Place small round of batter to form a circle. As it cooks, tiny holes will form. Cover and cook till the batter is cooked and you do not see any wet batter on the surface. It is not necessary to flip it.
When they are still warm, pinch one end to form a petal-shape. Fill with cream cheese mixture and top with blueberry sauce. Decorate with blueberries.